Choosing what to wear for photos can be super stressful! It’s enough to make anyone crazy so here is a a tip or two to help you select the perfect photo-worthy wardrobe to help minimize your stress and feel amazing for your photo session! Have a look and choose what suits you!
1. Pick a palette of 3-4 colours. Let this be your starting place. Think in terms of tones: blue tones, earth tones, neutrals, pastels, etc.
Everyone in the family can express their own sense of style within the chosen colour palette, and the whole group will coordinate beautifully.
2. Don’t match. Coordinate. Start with the youngest and pull colors from their outfit to dress and layer everyone else.
3. Choose neutral clothing – no print or logos. Wear any combination of cream, gray, and tan. These neutral colours look good in almost every setting,
especially the fall. The soft neutrals bring the focus back to you in the photos and that is what we want!
4. Dress up! Don’t be afraid to dress up in formal clothes, especially for a couple’s session. ‘Flowy’ dresses create movement and this always looks lovely in a photo. It’s not only fun, but it’s something different than the everyday and a photo session can definitely be considered a special occasion!
5. Bring along a change of clothes, scarves and hats. Add a prop or two – maybe a guitar, a skateboard or a soccer ball. Express your individuality!